How do you present the property as well as possible for as many people as possible? When do you take the best photos?
Step by step how to sell your home
These steps await you as a seller
How does a sales broker help you? What can you do yourself and what do you leave to a professional?
What do you need to know about the negotiation? And how do you accept a bid?
From the last inspection to signing the delivery deed: refresh your memory.
What is the best investment for the surplus value?
Do you want to leave items for acquisition? Have all the keys been returned? This is waiting for you.
Step 1 - Prepare to sell your house
You are going to sell your house, but where do you start? We help you with good preparation.
- What does the sales process of my house look like?
- These are the steps you take during the selling process of your house:
- Find a sales broker
- Your home for sale
- The viewings
- The deed of sale
- Deliver your home
- How do I find a sales broker that suits me?
- You can find a sales broker at:
- to find out through Antalya Buy which listed companies work in your area;
- to ask friends, family and / or neighbors which brokerage firm they have experience with;
- to see in your area which houses are for sale and with whom. You choose the right sales agent by:
- read the reviews on Antalya Buy;
- view the broker's website (how large is the team and what are the opening times);
- view the social media pages of the broker (do they place actively, what is the communication and do they have many followers);
- to invite one or more brokers for a no-obligation introductory meeting.
- Look for another house: do I need a buying agent?
- Calling in with a real estate agent is not mandatory, but it can bring you a lot: a lower purchase price, getting your housing requirements clear and good advice after viewing a home.
- How is the asking price of my house determined?
- The broker determines the asking price by:
- Do good market research. What has been sold recently and are these properties comparable to your property?
- The question. Is there a lot of demand for your house because it is in a popular neighborhood? Then this affects the asking price.
- Your personal situation. Do you have to sell the property quickly due to circumstances? Then this presses on the asking price.
- How do you prepare your house for sale?
- To prepare your home for sale, you must collect a number of documents. Not only for the real estate agent, but also for potential buyers who want more information about the house:
- The list of items and questionnaire (blank copies are supplied by the broker)
- Proof of identity (only for the broker his file) Proof of ownership
- Notification tax assessment with municipal taxes In addition, check whether you have a definitive energy label; this must be present when the house is sold.
- Make sure your house is tidy and cleaned before the photographer comes. Think of a tidy hall without too many shoes and coats, an empty kitchen counter, the stored toys and the bicycles in the shed. Use the complete checklist so that you can not forget anything.
- How do I place my house on Antalya Buy?
- You do not place a house in Antalya Buy yourself: a real estate agent does that. He or she guarantees quality and knows what it takes to put a house on the market as complete as possible. He ensures that all data is published correctly, just like the photos, a clear floor plan, 360 ° photos and a nice video. You don't make a good first impression a second time.
Step 2 - Finding a sales broker
Selling a house well is not easy. Discover how a sales broker makes this a lot easier for you.How do you ensure that you get everything out of sales? Ask yourself these questions and take advantage of our answers.
- Do I need a sales broker?
- You can sell your property yourself, but first consider whether this is really wise. You then have to arrange and sort everything out yourself, from determining a good asking price, negotiating until drawing up the deed of sale. Not only is legal knowledge involved, but it also takes a lot of time. Moreover, only real estate agents can place a property on Antalya Buy. By hiring a sales broker you have all the knowledge and expertise to be able to sell your property for a good price. Such a person is often more than worth the cost.
- What does a broker do for brokerage?
- Engaging a sales agent costs a few thousand euros, but it provides you with knowledge, experience and time. You pay brokerage fees for the services. This is a percentage (on average between 1% and 1.5%) of the final sale price and you only pay when the property is transferred to the next owner.
start-up costs (usually € 400 to € 600) ensure that your house is presented online in the best possible way.
Additional costs can occur when you want to participate in the national Open House Day or when you want to advertise your property (online).
Always check in the service order if your broker charges withdrawal costs when you decide to take the property out of sale.
Step 3 - Negotiating during the sale
Do you decide to negotiate with a potential buyer? We will tell you about the rules and options here.How do you ensure that you get everything out of the negotiation of your house? Ask yourself these questions and take advantage of our answers.
- An offer has been made for my house, what can I do now?
- Your sales broker will receive an opening bid from the buyer or his or her buying broker. It concerns the price and the conditions under which the offer is made. In consultation with your broker you can reject or accept this opening bid or you can make a counter proposal. When you make a counter proposal, you are really negotiating. Your sales broker takes care of the communication with the counterparty during the entire negotiation and in close consultation you discuss the steps to be taken
- How does my sales broker handle the negotiations?
- Your sales broker receives the opening bid directly from the buyer or his purchasing broker. Only when you, or your sales broker on your behalf, makes a counter proposal, are you negotiating. During the negotiations, the sales broker advises on your options and communicates with the buyer on your behalf. Everything is dedicated to getting the highest possible purchase price under the most favorable conditions.
- What should I look out for if I have received an opening bid?
- The first bid from a potential buyer is called the opening bid. You can reject this, make a counter proposal or approve it immediately. Whether the bid is really a good bid depends on a number of factors, such as:
- The time your house is already for sale.
- The number of viewings that have been.
- The number of viewings that are still scheduled.
- Whether the bid is in proportion to your minimum selling price.
- Under which (resolutive) conditions the offer is made.
- You discuss the options with your sales broker. He will advise you on the best step in your situation.
- The buyer agrees with your counter proposal: how to proceed?
- As soon as you have agreed a sales price and conditions with the buyer, the sales broker can draw up the deed of purchase. He collects the data from the buyer and processes everything in the deed. After signing the deed of purchase, it is for you as a seller to wait until the three-day cooling-off period of the buyer and the resolutive conditions are over. Only then is the house definitively sold.
Is a new bid coming in? As long as you as a seller have not yet signed the deed of purchase, you can abandon the purchase and continue with another party. Always discuss this with your sales broker.
You must deliver the house on the day of the key transfer and in the condition as agreed with the buyer during the negotiations.
Step 4 - Selling your property
Have you accepted the bid from the potential buyer? Then the sale is almost a fact. This is still waiting for you.How do you ensure a hassle-free settlement of the sale of your house? Take advantage of these questions and answers.
- My house is on sale, what can I expect?
- This is how you ensure that your home is ready for viewing:
- A neat entrance; this is the first thing the people of your house see and it (unknowingly) sets the tone for the rest of the viewing. Create light in your house, open all curtains.
- Clean up the entire house, from the hall to the attic. Make sure that every space is shown to its best advantage and store as many personal items as possible. Clean your house.
- Is your house already empty? Make sure that the (stacking) post behind the front door is gone and that the heating is already on in the winter. A nice entry for the viewers.
- It is better not to be present at the viewing, so a buyer feels free to look everywhere and share his or her opinion.
Discuss with your sales broker the possibilities to participate in the national NVM Open House Day. If you are very interested in your house, you can also organize an open house yourself, regardless of the national version.
- How is the negotiation process for sellers going?
- As soon as you have given a counter offer on the opening bid of a potential buyer, the negotiations have officially begun. You can get out within a day, but it can also take a week or more. It not only has to do with the amount of the purchase price, but also with the conditions that are set by you or the buyer. Various scenarios can occur, including:
- The asking price is offered. This does not mean that you must also sell the property to him. You as a seller decide.
- The potential buyer stops the negotiations. This is permitted and also applies to you as a seller.
- The offer is very good, but the conditions are not. You have to consider what works best in your situation and what is (financially) possible. The sales broker can advise you on this.
- You will receive a bid from another interested party during the negotiations. You can immediately stop negotiations with the first bidder and continue with the second party, you can ask bidder one for a final bid or you can ask both bidder one and bidder two for a final bid and so choose the best party.
- What does the reporting obligation for sellers entail?
- Every seller has a reporting obligation, which means that you share all defects (visible and invisible) with a future owner. Through the questionnaire that you get from the sales agent, you can make clear what the properties of the house are. Are you not honest about this and does a defect come up after the key transfer? Then there is a hidden defect and you can be held liable for the damage suffered.
- What do I do with my mortgage after selling my house?
- After the sale of your house, something still needs to be done with the mortgage. You can take the mortgage types with you, but choosing a new mortgage type is also an option. You take the surplus value to the next home to be able to make full use of the mortgage interest deduction. A residual debt can be financed in a possible new mortgage.
- No new owner-occupied home: what do I do with residual debt or surplus value?
- Are you going to rent another house after selling your house? The surplus value is freely disposable and you make agreements with the bank about the residual debt. The residual debt may be canceled with an NHG mortgage. With the surplus value, you can make future wishes come true or help your children get started buying a house.
Step 5 - Transferring, transferring or paying off a mortgage
House sold? Then an important choice about your mortgage follows. Find an answer for your situation.How do you discover if it is good for your situation to take your current mortgage with you to your next home, to take out or repay? Take advantage of these questions and answers.
- What happens to my mortgage debt after selling my house?
- After selling your house, the mortgage debt is paid off with the proceeds from the sale. You can use the surplus value for the next owner-occupied home. You make agreements with the bank on the repayment of the remaining debt.
- Buy next property - what do you do with the mortgage?
- As a homeowner, you can choose to take your old mortgage type with its repayment terms and conditions to the new home. In some cases it pays to take out a new mortgage. The most popular mortgages are the linear mortgage and the annuity mortgage. With both you fully repay the mortgage and you are entitled to the mortgage interest deduction.
- What can I do with my surplus value?
- You can spend the surplus value freely if you do not buy another house again. Are you going to buy again within three years? Investing the surplus value in the new home is sensible. If you do not, the right to deduct the mortgage interest for part of the mortgage interest paid will lapse. You no longer have a tax advantage over the mortgage debt equal to the surplus value.
- What should I do with any residual debt?
- A residual debt can be an obstacle to selling. The bank must give its approval for the sale. You make agreements with the bank on repayment of the debt. If you buy the next property, you can often co-finance the debt in the mortgage.
Step 6 - Delivering a house
Is the date for the transfer at the notary in your agenda? Time for your last job: leaving the house tidy.How do you ensure that you leave the house as tidy as possible? Ask yourself these questions and take advantage of our answers.
- Is your home ready for the key transfer?
- On the day of the key transfer you must deliver your property as agreed during the negotiations. That means that movable property has been left behind or removed according to the list of things and that no defects have occurred in the meantime. All this is checked by you and the buyer during the final inspection. After the final inspection, the transfer takes place at the notary and your house is officially sold.
- How does the sale of my property affect the tax return?
- The tax return will look different after the sale of your home. The surplus value provides a larger capital for which you pay tax from € 30,360 per person. A residual debt still has to be paid off. It then makes a difference whether you buy another house or go for a rental house.
- I have sold my house. Which insurance do I have to transfer?
- After selling your house, you take the home insurance to another house. The insurance policies linked to your mortgage are often terminated.